Lead is one of the softest metals and does not harden significantly when worked at normal ambient temperatures. Lead can therefore be shaped, or bossed, without the application of heat, by a skilled worker using simple hand tools. Our extensive range of wooden and plastic lead tools includes:
- Flat Dresser: dresses lead sheet flat when setting out and fitting lead in position.
- Bossing Stick: the primary tool used for shaping lead sheet.
- Bending Stick: favoured by lead workers for detailed bossing.
- Bossing Mallet: used with various sticks when extra force is needed.
- Setting-in Stick: sets in fold lines, may be used to finish fitted lead work.
- Chase Wedge: used to finish lead work in position and for setting in.